Blog Tools

INCS Blog

Monday, June 15, 2009

A Noble Street parent shares her story


Rosa Gonzalez, a parent at Noble Street Charter School, was kind enough to share her words with us about the school and the positive effects it has had on her son Jonathan. Parents are an integral component to charter school success and we at INCS are pleased to share Rosa's words with you.

I would like to extend my gratitude to Noble Street Charter School (NSCS) for being so great at what they do. NSCS is able to provide my son Jonathan with a safe learning environment. It is rare where you can find a high school that can provide you with that sense of security. I chose NSCS as my top choice of high school for Jonathan because I was impressed with their goals for their students. NCSC expects to have 2020 college graduates by the year 2020. Fortunately, Jonathan's application was picked from the lottery and he has just completed his freshman year. I have seen the commitment and effort from the school in helping the students reach this goal. Jonathan has developed a "college" mentality and has set a number of academic goals for himself. I could not have accomplished this without the help from NSCS. I constantly talk to my son about college and how important it is to not just make it into college, but also graduate! I support the school 100% and although this year has brought some challenges, I strongly believe that this is the school that is going to help Jonathan set higher goals for himself and help him reach those goals.


I also want to commend the school by providing activities that involve the family, the Noble Classic 5K Run and even the Annual Spaghetti Dinner. Jonathan even had the opportunity to spend a week in South Carolina along with his JROTC cadets to participate in boot camp. This was a great experience for him. Jonathan has taken an interest in the Arts. He performed in "The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens" play and took part in a dance class and was part of the end of year dance performance "The Pagaggios." He found a creative side to him that neither he nor I knew he had. Thank you NSCS for providing your students with so many wonderful opportunities and positive experiences!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments will be posted at the discretion of INCS.